Saturday 7 May 2016

Club banners and an offer

Having just done two new banners for the club, (as part of a day of catching up on assorted projects) and knowing that I've been asked about this in the past, I thought I'd reiterate where and how I get my banners done. Those who've seen our Dambusters game or either Royal Armouries game will have seen how good they are.

 I use sign.print.lab on eBay - specifically, they have a recurring Buy It Now item for their banner service. Costs including printing on a nice 2m tall pull up banner with display stand and carrying bag run from £31.99 to £43.99 depending on width, and they do next working day delivery for free if you get them the art before 11am on a working day.

The one thing you need to be aware of is they need 300dpi artwork in one of a range of formats. Specifically, this means for one of their narrower banners you need to have software that can manage and edit an image that is nearly a quarter of a gigapixel in size (10040 x 24100), and a machine with enough memory not to fall over in a heap trying to edit it (and enough Dropbox space to store it!). Also, if you're using photos, be aware that you're going to need some pretty high-resolution images - an iPhone 6s at full resolution is probably acceptable for a 50cm wide image, but anything under 10MP is going to be quite small on the banner.

So, with that in mind, here's an offer. If you want a club banner for a show, and don't have the facilities to produce one, get in touch with me and I'll work with you for a small fee to work something up. Fee will depend on whether you simply need me to drive my software and paste up your photos and logo, or whether there's more work involved. Answering questions is free :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...