Sunday 18 November 2012

Leibster Blog Award/Meme

Another meme that's been going around, apparently, and has just started to impinge on blogs I follow. The rules are simple enough - if you have received one of these awards, you put a post up with a link back to the blogger who gave you the award, then award it to 5 other blogs that you think deserve it. The word translates, if I remember rightly, as favourite. Tamsin of the the excellent Wargaming Girl has just very generously award it to me citing "if for no other reason than his excellent and informative series of posts on horse colours and heraldry". Which makes me at the same time pleased, humbled and a little guilty that I haven't got cracking with the rest of both those series :D

My nominees (and narrowing it down to five was hard, believe me):
  • Sidney Roundwood for Roundwood's World. The scenery this man produces is beyond awesome, and an inspiration to me and countless others.
  • Andy Hawes - no marks for an original blog title :D, but a great mate and a fantastic painter - another inspiration.
  • Paul's Bods - one of my first followers, with some wonderful nostalgia-inducing work in 20mm plastic (ahhh, Airfix plastics...) and who can paint and convert 20mms like they were 28s.
  • Bob Cordery's Wargaming Miscellany - chiefly for making me think on numerous occasions about the why's and wherefore's of gaming.
  • Phil Broeder's The Wargaming Site - one of my regular commenters and a man with wide-ranging tastes on wargaming who never seems to fail to write things I want to read.  




7 comments:

  1. Bleedin' 'eck, you were quick off the mark! Excellent choices for your nominees - Phil and Sidney were high up on my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excepting the first (utterly misguided) choice, some great selections Mike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D As my current drive for better scenery is mostly your fault, I beg to differ on the first.

      Delete
  3. Thank you very much for your nomination! I have awarded it straight back to you, as you'll see on my blog...
    (PS: Hope your cold is getting better!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike,

    Thanks for the nomination. It was much appreciated.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...